Sunday 25 September 2011

Get to sleep!

It's late - or early - depending on which way you look at it. I've had a really good night and it's time to rest my weary head and dream of ............. well THAT would be telling!!
At church tonight, my family were superb and I was so proud of each and every one of them. There is a plethora of singing talent in my family - I'm not just saying it, EVERYONE says it - and it was seen tonight in Airdrie ward's LDS Church. My nephew Ben produced a show called Trek:The Journey of the Pioneers and I have to say it was amazing. The singing was wonderful. My family's contributors were my brother Jim, nephew in law Drew, niece Tracie, great nieces Amber and Hollie and great nephews Logan and Jacob (or Cubby as he is universally known). My sis-in-law Margaret was one of the narrators but it was Cubby who stole the show. He's nearly 8 and he has a great singing voice. He brought everyone to tears. The performance lasted nearly 2 hours and all of this held together and produced by a 15 year old!! Ben is amazing - a talent which I'm certain will take him far in the future. He has it all - the singing voice, musical direction, can write songs, play the piano - and he just happens to be gorgeous. He has the looks of Justin Bieber although he won't thank me for saying that at all. Even my friends want to take him home and keep him - my niece Tracie, his mum, says she would seriously consider it for a bar of chocolate and a bottle of Irn Bru!
After the show I met up with the special one! We get on so well together and I love the time we share. Poor soul has to work tomorrow but he's coming to me for his dinner afterwards. Then I'm off to see my friends, Daniel and Loretta. I know there would be a ton of women wishing they were in my shoes tomorrow but he has always been a very ordinary man to me but with a rather unusual job. And that's how I treat him which is why we get on so well. He says I just treat him normally when everyone else flaps round about him. He trusts me and I'd never let him down.
So a busy day will be upon me before I know it. A visit to my niece Emma and my great niece Ava, dinner prep for Ross no.1 and Ross no. 2, a trip to a hotel to see my mates then home and in bed in time for work on Tuesday morning. Geez I'm exhausted already. Maybe add another blog during the week sometime. Until then - TTFN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment