Saturday 8 October 2011

This weekend...

This weekend I am resting. Coped with no voice last week at work even though I had 32 children to educate but it's taken it out of me. So I will be spending the weekend watching tv, drinking tea and coffee and sleeping. No singing, as little talking as possible and generally taking it easy.

My friend, Jacqui, is coming for dinner today. She's working so I'll pick her up at 5pm, we'll have dinner then catch up for a wee while. It's good to just chill out together and find out what is happening in each other's lives cos we don't see each other so much because of work commitments.

Tomorrow I am going to visit my friend, Shirley, in Coatbridge. It's her birthday on Monday and I'm taking her birthday gift to her. Another teacher - another teacher struggling with her voice! Hazards of our job. Another catch up too. Did I say I would be talking as little as possible this weekend? Strike that - however, I won't strain my vocal chords by projecting my voice in any room that I'm in. Just good friendly banter and the chance to have some great company.

So have a "hooly" of a weekend everybody. For me it will be quiet but next weekend is start of October week break for me. I will be spending it all with Ross so I will be a happy camper! I'm always happy when I'm with him............but that's an entire story on its own!  Happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment